Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Moon Phases

In science we have been learning about the phases of the moon. I started out by using this video, Flocabulary-Moon Phases. It is amazing and has such a catchy beat! My students sing along with the video and it is stuck in their heads the rest of the day! Then we completed a moon phases matching worksheet that I found here on teacherspayteachers for FREE, Moon Phases Worksheet.

We also used Oreos to show our moon phases. There are a ton of different worksheets to use along with the Oreos, here are some examples, Oreo Moon PhasesOreo Moon Phases 2. Of course they were allowed to eat them when we were done but they ate them along with the video. When the video would sing about a particular moon phase then they would eat that Oreo! 

I also found a leveled reader on www.reading-z.com that goes along with the moon phases. I used it during the Daily 5 for my read to self center. I found it here, The Disappearing Moon.

















No comments:

Post a Comment