Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tutoring Week 4

This week for tutoring I moved onto initial s blends. I decided to focus on three, sl, sn, and st. I did a sort using those three blends, I got little buckets from Dollar Tree (I got 5 for a dollar) I taped each blend to the front of the bucket. I got different pictures from clip art that contain my initial s blends. My tuttee would pick a picture, say the word, then sort it into which bucket it belonged. I also decided I wanted to incorporate play doh into my activity, he loves sensory type materials like the sand I used last week. Once he sorted the word he would use stamps and stamp the word into play doh. He absolutely loved it! Once again he wanted to take the play doh home with him! He would pick his picture, say the word, sort it into the bucket and then pick out which letter stamps he needed to spell his word. It was awesome hearing him sound out the words and connect that to which stamps he needed to spell his word. Here are some pictures of the activity!






I used a pencil case to put the play doh in to keep everything clean! It was the same pencil case I used last week for my sand I got it at target for 97 cents! The stamps I got from Michaels with a coupon!






No comments:

Post a Comment