Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Learning at Home Bag

For my families class this semester we have to create at learning at home bag that we would send home for children to do with their families. We had to pick a non fiction book and a topic to focus on. Since I did a magnetic investigation box last year for my science class I decided to save money and reuse magnetic items I already had! I chose the book What Makes a Magnet by Franklyn M. Branley. I created an activity for math, science, and literacy that all related to magnets.

For math I used large colored Popsicle sticks and magnet tape. I used a sticker for the number on the bottom, the child will use paper clips on the Popsicle sticks to complete addition problems. Here are some pictures!


I used pencil cases from the dollar store to keep all 3 activities separated and organized in the bag!

For my science activity I created a magnetic and non magnetic table and included specific items for the child to investigate. If the item is magnetic the child will color in the smiley face, if it is non magnetic they will color in the frowney face. 

For my literacy activity I created an activity that uses magnetic letters and a cookie sheet. I gave letters that will be used to spell a word and a picture. The child will use the magnetic letters on the cookie sheet to spell words. Magnetic letters are also great to send home because families can create words, sentences, etc on the fridge and it is a simple activity! 








No comments:

Post a Comment