Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Student Teaching Update

This is my third week of student teaching and I love it! I am now teaching a unit on Fairy Tales and my kids are loving it. We began by creating a wordsplash together of everything they knew about Fairy Tales (pictured below). Then we read The Three Little Pigs out of this amazing book I found in the bargain section of Barnes and Noble. It literally has every Fairy Tale you could imagine in it and they are all 5 minute read alouds, its amazing. Then we started our graphic organizer, we only completed the pig side and then the next day we read The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and finished the Venn Diagram. The kids loved that the Venn Diagram was a pig and a wolf and they came up with everything that is on it! We are going to continue reading original Fairy Tales and Fractured Fairy Tales and then they will start their own! Tomorrow we are going to discuss story elements and do a graphic organizer together. I will link everything below of where I found it, they are all awesome resources!

We have also been focusing on time a lot, this week I noticed a lot of my kids struggling with telling time so during snack they have been completing little worksheets that I have been finding online. They also made a clock of their own today that has flaps and under it it tells them the minutes which is something they have really been struggling with.One of my students even told me today how helpful it was which made me super excited! I will also put that link below for the clock template. Tomorrow I am going to begin doing a Time Check, they will get a little slip of paper which I will link below, and throughout the day I will say Time Check and they will have to record what time it is on their sheet.

Clock Template

Fairy Tale Story Elements

Pig Venn Diagram

Time Check












No comments:

Post a Comment