Wednesday, February 24, 2016

igh Phonics

The last two weeks we have been focusing on igh words in phonics. I decided to do a lightbulb activity. My students thought of all the igh words they could and I wrote them on the SmartBoard as they told me them. They recorded them on their own lightbulbs which I created and will link below. They had a lot of fun with it and got a lot of practice with igh words AND compound words like lightbulb, moonlight, tightrope, and many more! I then hung them in the hallway and put "WE ARE THE BRIGHTEST BULBS!"






Another igh activity I did was a read aloud of Snowmen at Night which is full of igh words. While I was reading I asked my students to raise their hand if they heard an igh word and then I recorded them on the dry erase board. My students filled out a snowman web with all the igh words throughout the reading as well. It was a great way to practice hearing the long i sound and writing the words as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment