Thursday, March 17, 2016

Phonics oo

This week our phonics focus was the 2 sounds of oo. I did a Froot Loop activity and created a sunglasses activity as well. I introduced the two sounds of oo with an awesome Electric Company video. They have the best phonics videos, I have used them for each sound we have done so far.

For my Froot Loop activity I found a FREE recording sheet on teacherspayteachers here Froot Loop Worksheet. My students created different oo words and used the Froot Loops as their o's. We had to have a conversation about Froot though because they used it as one of their words and it was confusing to them that it isn't spelled the right way as in fruit. Here are some pictures!





The other activity I created was with sunglasses. I put Look Cool on the top and in the lenses they sorted the two sounds of oo under look or cool. I enlarged the sunglasses on big white paper and they got to color them. They had a blast doing it and got to sort their oo sounds at the same time!











No comments:

Post a Comment