Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Money

Our new chapter in math is all about money. I started the chapter by doing two fun activities. My students do money activities every day during Calendar Math which is part of our Math In Focus curriculum. Since they already have the background knowledge of coins I did an I have..who has activity to start. Each student got 2 cards and they had to be able to count their coins on their card in order to play the game.

I got the I have...who has game off teacherspayteachers at this link for FREE!
I Have...Who Has Money Game
I laminated them so they will last awhile!



The next day I created another activity involving coins. I put coins in 11 plastic eggs with 11 brown paper bags. I set them up around the room and split my students into pairs. They each got 11 slips of paper and had to write down the correct amount of the coins in the plastic eggs. Then I picked one slip of paper out of each brown paper bag and if the answer was correct they got a prize. They loved this activity and it was a great introduction into our money chapter.








No comments:

Post a Comment