Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tutoring Week 1

Next Tuesday I have my first day of tutoring! I got assigned a first grader and we will be working on CVC words with short vowels! This first week I am going to be focusing on short a and short u. For my activity I am doing a roll and cover game, I got the idea from here, Miss Giraffe's Class, which is a blog full of tons of other great activities to check out! I changed hers slightly to focus just on short a and short u words. I got the template for the cubes here, Cube Template. I created the table on Word and used clip art for the pictures. After my student rolls a word and covers it on the table, they will write it on the table I created (also on Word). I think this would be a great center to have in the classroom as well, they could even play with another student link bingo and see who gets a row across or down first! Here are some pictures! I also included the link to get the Roll and Cover table and the CVC words table below!

These are some of the leveled books I chose for my student!



The student will roll the 3 di and make a word. What ever word they make they will cover the corresponding picture. Then they will write the word on the table. Here is the link for the Roll and Cover table and CVC words table! Roll and Cover Tables





No comments:

Post a Comment