Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cross Curricular

Back in November of this past year I had to complete a cross curricular project for all  of my courses for fall semester. I chose to do my cross curricular project on Vincent Van Gogh. I wanted to focus on a topic that the children might not know much about so I could really teach them something the day the children came to do our lessons. My cross curricular project contained social studies, math, social-emotional, and literacy lessons.





For my social studies lesson I took major events in Vincent Van Gogh's life and created a timeline that the children had to put in the right order. I made the timeline out of a giant paint stirrer and velcroed each event so the children could move them around in the right order.





For my math lesson, I had different pie charts of some of Van Gogh's most famous paintings. The students would roll the dice and use the corresponding numbered pie chart to answer questions about that particular painting.



For my literacy lesson, I chose digraphs that were popular throughout the story that my project focused on and had the students do a digraph sort on canvases to go along with my theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment